Walworth County is resilient and filled with businesses and residents who are up for the challenge of building back bigger and better! We know you are ready to “Take Charge” of your business, personal, and organizational futures! For the month of April we challenge you to reach out and embrace opportunities to grow your business, educate yourself and your staff, and ignite your personal and professional development.
Personal Development & Professional Development: These activities, events & resources give you ways to alleviate stress, create a happier & healthier home/work environment, develop & build skills for professional advancement, or keep you organized and focused on your future and the future of your team.
Business Growth: We’ve found some great opportunities to help you evaluate and grow your business. From help with starting a business to financial management and managing your day to day, we’ve got you covered.
Education: Education comes in all forms and we have found a number of events and activities that will help you learn new topics, develop life skills, and navigate to a successful future.
Book Recommendations: From light reading to ah-ha moments, the list of books we have compiled will enhance and complement your experiences in your journey of development.
The calendar below is color coded for your convenience according to the four areas outlined above. Additionally, links to each of these events can be found further down the page.
**TIP: Viewing this on your phone? You may have a better experience viewing the following elements horizontally.
Calendar of Resources and Events
Additional book recommendations:
- “You’re It: Crisis, Change, and How to Lead When it Matters Most” by Leonard Marcus
- “Option B: Facing Adversity, Buiding Resilience and Finding Joy” by Sheryl Sandberg and Adam Grant
- “Almost Everything: Notes on Hope” by Anne Lamott
- “Daring Greatly: How the Courage to be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead” by Brene Brown
- “Friction: Passion Brands in the Age of Disruption” by Jeff Rosenblum
- “You are a Badass-How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life” by Jen Sincero
This event is a collaborative effort by the Walworth County Chambers, the Walworth County Visitors Bureau and the Walworth County Economic Development Alliance.