About the Basic Economic Development Course
Who Should Attend?
Economic developers, public officials, and others involved in economic development who want and intensive “basic” overview of economic development concepts, methods, strategies and practices.
What will be covered:
- What is economic development and what is the role of an economic developer
- Managing a local economic development organization
- Growing from within – small business development & entrepreneurship.Marketing & attraction
- Community & neighborhood development Strategic planning for economic development
- Workforce Development Business Finance
- Real estate development & reuse
Features of 2015 year’s course include:
- Small class size to accommodate interactive and group learning
- Hands on tours
- Opportunities to learn from experienced economic developers from around the state and country.
Registration Information for the Basic Economic Development Course
The course is accredited by the International Economic Development Council. It fulfills one of the prerequisites for those who wish to take the examinations for the Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) designation.
2015 Registration: $650.00
Course Materials, plus Meals and refreshments: Tuesday dinner, Wednesday breakfast & lunch, Thursday breakfast, Friday breakfast & lunch and daily refreshments.
The course is tentatively scheduled to begin mid- afternoon on Tuesday, September 8 and end at 2:30 on Friday, September 11. In order to receive full IEDC certification credit for this course and a certificate indicating course completion, participants must attend the entire course (Tuesday starting at 2:30 pm through Friday at 2:30 pm) and stay through the final session on the last day.
Lowell Center Conference & Lodging Facility
610 Langdon Street
Madison, WI 53703
Rooms must be reserved separately from course registration. There is a room block that ends August 9, 2014 at the Lowell Center, When calling to make a reservation request the BASECON block of rooms. The Lowell Center Guest Room Rates:
Standard Room Single occupancy: $94 per night,
Double occupancy: $106 per night;
Deluxe Room Single occupancy: $109 per night,
Double occupancy: $121 per night.
To reserve a room:
- Online Reservations
- Call (866) 301-1753 toll-free
- contact The Lowell Center Front Desk: (608) 256-2621
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Parking is included with the room reservation, either $8.00/day, or a remote lot is free parking.
COURSE REFUND POLICY: