Walworth County Business Technology Investment Award
Walworth County Economic Development Alliance (WCEDA) wants to know about businesses within the county that go above and beyond the status quo. There is a technology investment category for businesses that have demonstrated a commitment to investing in technology. In this digital age, technology is the key to success.
- Have a permanent business location with employee(s) in Walworth County.
- Have been in operation for a minimum of two years.
- Ways technology is being used (CRM, automation, robotics, etc.)
- Strategic use of social media (marketing, recruitment, etc.)
- Training programs that support increased use of tech. (internal/external)
- Employee satisfaction
- Measurement of payback, percentage of overall expenditures
David Bretl Community Betterment Award
The Walworth County Economic Development Alliance (WCEDA) wants to know about businesses or non-profit organizations that are committed to their communities and are making a positive impact. This award honors the exemplary service and dedication of former Walworth County Administrator and Legal Counsel, David Bretl, who in his service of almost 20 years led the county and its supervisors to many notable accomplishments that ultimately put the county in a financial position as being one of the strongest in the state, while having upgraded facilities and infrastructure and also having sustained the Lakeland School, a first-class educational environment for students with the greatest needs, and the Lakeland Nursing home, two programs that most counties in the state abandoned years ago. Bretl’s influence during his time with the county was significant in terms of bettering the communities that he served. WCEDA is grateful for his service and his accomplishments and established this award as a way to honor his legacy and inspire others.
- Work or serve a business, organization, or public office in Walworth County
- Have been involved for at least one year
- Financial support
- Establishment of impactful program(s)
- Creation of effectual policy/policies
- Development of collaborative partnerships
- Community leadership