Congratulations Kunes Country Auto Group on winning our annual Dave Bretl Community Betterment Award!
This award was established two years ago as a way to bring light the impact one person, or a group of persons, can have on a community. Some of the submissions we received ranged from community service cultures to poverty initiatives.
Kunes Country Auto Group has long been a pillar in the Walworth County community in a variety of ways, focusing primarily on giving to those less fortunate and supporting positive living. Gregg Kunes and his dealerships have consistently exhibited genuine care for the community through financial support, community leadership and collaborative partnerships.
- They were a founding member of “Feeding Walworth County”, a charitable cause that helps to supply twenty one Walworth County food pantries.
- They Continually assist the Walworth County Food Pantry in a variety of ways such as covering all repairs to the pantry truck, contributing to fundraising efforts, and more.
- Kunes Auto Group is the exclusive Walworth County sponsor of “Operation Click” which is a program that works with the Walworth County Sheriff’s Department to reduce teen fatalities and injuries from motor vehicle crashes by developing safe driving habits through education and positive reinforcement. Kunes Auto Group has donated a car as a grand prize for the main event for the past several years.
- They sponsors monthly (non-denominational) bible study groups with Walworth County pastors and church leaders.
- They Operate a special fund in support of local parishioners in dire or catastrophic need.
- They consistently step up to sponsor both small and large fundraisers/events in Walworth County benefiting a great variety of charities and non-profit organizations.
- The four dealerships in Walworth County have been awarded Automotive News “Best Dealers to Work For” which only goes to 100 car dealerships in the U.S. The four dealerships employ over 300 people from the area.
- They were an instrumental contributor in reopening Lake Lawn Resort which employs over 400 people.
- They purchased the old Aurora Health Care building in order to house Open Arms Free Clinic and the Walworth County Food pantry. Most recently, Gregg Kunes and his family underwrote the cost of the Safe Families Gala that was held at Lake Lawn Resort.
This is a shining example of how the power of one has reached far and wide. Congratulations and thank you.
To learn more about Kunes Country Auto Group, go to their website, www.kunescountry.com.